Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Ashley


I am a little late getting this on here, but we wanted to remember Ashley's birthday. We started out the day getting everyone ready to go to lunch and invited Ashley's grandma Bonnie and aunt Nanna to go with us. She got a visit from aunt Jenny who gave her a card with a gift card and some candy. After that we were off to Logan to eat at Ashley's favorite place and you probably wouldn't believe this but we ate at the Formosa. It is a Chinese place over in Logan and all my kids love it. They love egg drop soup and tiny spicy chicken. After we went to Sam's Club to pick up her cake and of coarse she wanted Dora again. She has had Dora I think for the last 3 years. Nic started his new job on this day so he wasn't able to be there until later that day. We had everyone come over at 7 for cake and ice cream and to open presents. We gave her some clothes, a fur real panda bear, sand for her sand box, a bowling set, and some training wheels for her bike. She got really spoiled. I think her most favorite thins were her panda pajamas she got, she got 2 pair. Ashley loves panda bears. I wanted to write down her birth story cause I want to remember it and this is like my journal so I decided to get induced with Ashley becasue I was ready. On June 7th 2006 I went to BRVH to get started. We arrived at 7 am and they started the pitocin drip about 8. They had a student nurse there that day and I didn't feel very comfortable about having her there during the exams and delivery, but decided that would be fine. The nurse came in to check me and to make sure thr head was down and then the Dr. came in to break my water and to see how much I was dialated. Durring this you could hear on the moniter that there was all this swishing going on and they lost the heart beat. the Dr. checked to see if the head was down after he broke my water and he said that is not the head. They hurried and wheeled me into the ultrasound room to see her position and she had turned and was breech. The doctor talked to me about a c-section, but I said if we could do it the other way that would be better because I did not want a c-section. He said he would deliver her vaginally but if had anything go bad that they would take me to the OR for the c-section. about 12:45 I was fully dialated and ready to push. I pushed a couple times and by 1 o'clock she was here. She came bum first and it was really bruised. She was perfect she weighed 6 lbs and 13 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. We got to take her home 2 days later and she had jaundice really bad and had to be under the lights for about 2 weeks and that was hard. We love Ashley and we are very happy that she is part of our family. She is a hand full most of the time but is a very loving little girl. I know that she will make a great mother one day because she is very loving to those around her and just has that motherness to her. We love you Ashley Lynn and hope you had a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment